Suggested Use: Take 2 capsules once daily, or as directed by your qualified health care professional.
Warning: Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing, taking any medications, or have any medical conditions. Keep out of reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Ingredients: Organic Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Root Extract, Bioperine® Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) Fruit Extract, Organic Potato Starch and Hypromellose (Capsule).
Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International.
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric, also known as Curcuma longa, is a perennial plant belonging to the ginger family. The vibrant golden powder derived from the rhizome of the plant is renowned for both its culinary and medicinal uses. While turmeric has received a great deal of attention in recent decades, records of the spice’s therapeutic properties actually date back as far as 500 BCE. Research from the past half century is helping to elucidate the mechanisms behind these therapeutic effects, and has found evidence to suggest that many of the benefits come from curcumin, a component of turmeric. Curcumin can modulate multiple cell-signaling pathways in our body, some of which have been linked to inflammation. This is very promising, as inflammation has been shown to play a key role in most chronic diseases, including neurodegenerative, cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, autoimmune and neoplastic diseases.
What are the benefits of Turmeric?
Curcumin, a compound of turmeric, has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-cancer properties. It has been shown to exhibit therapeutic potential in numerous chronic diseases characterized by inflammation such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, cerebral injury, cardiovascular disease, cancer, allergies, asthma, etc. More recently, curcumin has also been shown to modulate neurocognitive disorders, inflammation, obesity, and cancers through epigenetic regulation. One review found that curcumin might be particularly effective against cancers of the liver, skin, pancreas, prostate, ovary lung and head and neck.
Why take Turmeric supplements?
Research shows that turmeric has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-cancer properties. Therefore, taking turmeric supplements may protect against a plethora of diseases. Additionally, turmeric is safe even at high doses (12g/day).
- Gupta, Subash C., Sridevi Patchva, and Bharat B. Aggarwal. “Therapeutic roles of curcumin: lessons learned from clinical trials.” The AAPS journal15.1 (2013): 195-218.
- Aggarwal, Bharat B., and Kuzhuvelil B. Harikumar. “Potential therapeutic effects of curcumin, the anti-inflammatory agent, against neurodegenerative, cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, autoimmune and neoplastic diseases.” The international journal of biochemistry & cell biology41.1 (2009): 40-59.
- Epstein, Jenny, Ian R. Sanderson, and Thomas T. MacDonald. “Curcumin as a therapeutic agent: the evidence from in vitro, animal and human studies.” British journal of nutrition103.11 (2010): 1545-1557.
- Boyanapalli, Sarandeep SS, and Ah-Ng Tony Kong. ““Curcumin, the king of spices”: epigenetic regulatory mechanisms in the prevention of cancer, neurological, and inflammatory diseases.” Current pharmacology reports1.2 (2015): 129-139.
- Perrone, Donatella, et al. “Biological and therapeutic activities, and anticancer properties of curcumin (Review).” Experimental and therapeutic medicine10.5 (2015): 1615-1623.
|* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.