- Aids in a healthy stress response.*
- Powerful antioxidant protection.*
Suitable for Vegans. Gluten Free. No artificial fillers, No Rice.
60 Vegan Capsules (500mg).
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $25!
Suggested Use: Take 2 capsules once daily, or as directed by your qualified health care professional.
Warning: Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing, taking any medications, or have any medical conditions. Keep out of reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Other Ingredients: Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum) Lea Extract, Organic Potato Starch and Hypromellose (Capsule).
What is Holy Basil?
Otherwise known as Ocimum tenuiflorum, holy basil is a plant that produces an oil that has proven to have anti-inflammatory and stress reducing properties.[1, 2]
What are the benefits of Holy Basil?
The anti-inflammatory properties of holy basil oil serves as a protective factor for both heart and liver tissue against ulcers.[3-4] In addition to improving physical health through countering metabolic stress by reducing blood pressure and lipid levels, holy basil also helps in reducing psychological stress. Studies show that when consuming holy basil there were positive effects on memory, cognitive function, and that the basil had some anti-depressant properties.
Why take Holy Basil?
Holy Basil works naturally with your body to reduce chemical, metabolic, physical, and psychological stress. Studies have shown that Holy Basil can act as a protective factor to your organs such as the liver and heart from both “industrial pollutants and heavy metals” as well as from “physical stress from prolonged physical exertion, ischemia, and physical restrain and exposure to cold and excessive noise”.[1-3]
Other studies have shown that Holy Basil works both as an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory.[4-5] By taking holy basil supplements studies found that the Holy Basil had the ability to work as an anti-inflammatory and anti-ulcer that improved the health of both liver and aortic tissue.[2-4] Holy basil has also been studied for its antioxidant properties. Studies found that the carnosic acid found in holy basil, “prevented chemical-induced skin, liver, oral, and lung cancers”.
Overall, these studies show that Holy basil is able to work as a protective factor against many ailments both physical and mental, as it works on reducing stress all throughout the body.[1-5]
- Cohen, MarcMaurice. “Tulsi – Ocumum Sanclum: A Herb For All Reasons”. Journal od Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine 5.4 (2014): 251. Web.
- Singh, Surender, and D. K. Majumdar. “Anti-Inflammatory And Antipyretic Activities Of Ocimum Sanctum Fixed Oil”. Pharmaceutical Biology33.4 (1995): 288-292. Web.
- Geetha, R. Kedlaya, and D.M. Vasudevan. “Inhibition Of Lipid Peroxidation By Botanical Extracts Of Ocimum Sanctum: In Vivo And In Vitro Studies”. Life Sciences76.1 (2004): 21-28. Web,
- Singh, Surender, and D.K Majumdar. “Evaluation Of The Gastric Antiulcer Activity Of Fixed Oil Of Ocimum Sanctum (Holy Basil)”. Journal of Ethnopharmacology65.1 (1999): 13-19. Web.
- Baliga, Manjeshwar Shrinath et al. “Ocimum Sanctuml (Holy Basil Or Tulsi) And Its Phytochemicals In The Prevention And Treatment Of Cancer”. Nutrition and Cancer65.sup1 (2013): 26-35. Web.
|* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.