- A potent antioxidant.*
- Provides cognitive function and immunity support.*
Suitable for Vegans. Gluten Free. No artificial fillers, No Rice.
30 Vegan Capsules (250mg).
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $25!
Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule daily, or as directed by your qualified health care professional.
Warning: Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing, taking any medications, or have any medical conditions. Keep out of reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Other Ingredients: Ellagic Acid from Promegranate (Punica granatum), Organic Potato Starch, Hypromellose (Capsule).
What is Ellagic Acid?
Ellagic acid is a phenolic phytochemical, chemically characterized as a natural dimeric derivative of gallic acid. The occurrence of free ellagic acid in dietary foodstuffs is uncommon; it is usually conjugated with a glycoside moiety, such as glucose, or forms part of the polymeric ellagitannins. It is found in raspberries, strawberries, pomegranates, pecans, walnut and other food plants.
What are the Benefits of Ellagic Acid Supplements?
- Pomegranate extract contains ellagitannin, a polyphenolic compound, which acts as a potent antioxidant. A clinical study was done with 64 overweight individuals with increased waist line. The subjects consumed pomegranate ellagitannin-enriched polyphenol extract capsules. The study demonstrates that the pomegranate ellagitannin-enriched polyphenol extract capsules are totally safe for consumption and enhance antioxidant activities in humans.
- Ellagic acid acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. It exhibited a potent anti- inflammatory effect against carrageenan-induced inflammation. The mechanisms of ellagic acid induced protection were due to reduction of NO, MDA, IL-1β, TNF-α, COX-2 and NF-κB expression and induction of GSH and IL-10 production.
- Ellagic acid acts as memory restorative agent in the treatment of dementia and prevents cognitive and LTP deficiency . Ellagic acid has shown improvement in the motor impairments and neuroprotective effect in Parkinson model.
Why Take Ellagic Acid Supplements?
Ellagic acid supplements serve as a convenient option for anyone looking to improve the immunity and get rid of oxidative stress. Our Ellagic acid supplement contains 250 mg of standardized ellagic acid from pomegranate extract (90%).
What are the Side Effects of Ellagic Acid Ingestion?
No significant side effects are reported for ellagic acid supplements.
- Larrosa, M., Tomás-Barberán, F. A., & Espín, J. C. (2006). The dietary hydrolysable tannin punicalagin releases ellagic acid that induces apoptosis in human colon adenocarcinoma Caco-2 cells by using the mitochondrial pathway. The Journal of nutritional biochemistry, 17(9), 611-625.
- Heber D, Seeram NP, Wyatt H, Henning SM, Zhang Y, Ogden LG, Dreher M, Hill JO. Safety and antioxidant activity of a pomegranate ellagitannin-enriched polyphenol dietary supplement in overweight individuals with increased waist size. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2007 Oct 30;55(24):10050-4.
- El-Shitany, N. A., El-Bastawissy, E. A., & El-desoky, K. (2014). Ellagic acid protects against carrageenan-induced acute inflammation through inhibition of nuclear factor kappa B, inducible cyclooxygenase and proinflammatory cytokines and enhancement of interleukin-10 via an antioxidant mechanism. International immunopharmacology, 19(2), 290-299.
- Farbood Y, Sarkaki A, Dolatshahi M, Mansouri SM, Khodadadi A. Ellagic Acid Protects the Brain Against 6-Hydroxydopamine Induced Neuroinflammation in a Rat Model of Parkinson’s.
- Sarkaki A, Farbood Y, Dolatshahi M, Mansouri SM, Khodadadi A. Neuroprotective Effects of Ellagic Acid in a Rat Model of Parkinson's Disease. Acta Medica Iranica. 2016 Sep 17;54(8):494-502.
|* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.