- Supports the immune system.*
- Powerful antioxidant.*
Suitable for Vegans. Gluten Free. No artificial fillers, No Rice.
60 Vegan Capsules.
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $25!
Suggested Use: Take 2 capsules once daily, or as directed by your qualified health care professional.
Warning: Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing, taking any medications, or have any medical conditions. Keep out of reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place.
What is Echinacea + Zinc?
Echinacea is a medicinal plant native to North America. Indigenous Americans have used Echinacea for more than 400 years to treat infections and wounds, and as a general “cure-all.” Throughout history people have used Echinacea to treat scarlet fever, syphilis, malaria, blood poisoning, and diphtheria. Although this herb was popular during the 18th and 19th centuries, its use began to decline in the United States after the introduction of antibiotics.
Zinc is a micromineral, meaning that the human body requires trace amounts of this element to function properly. Research has shown that zinc deficiencies are linked to severe immune dysfunctions, which is the reason why we have specifically chosen to include Zinc in this supplement.
What are the benefits of Echinacea + Zinc?
The greatest benefit Echinacea has is its role in immune system support. Echinacea also has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
A Cochrane review concluded that especially preparations based on the aerial parts of Echinacea are effective for the early treatment of colds in adults<.sup> That’s why Rejuvenation Therapeutic’s Echinacea supplement contains immune supporting Echinacea leaf extract. In detail, Echinacea decreased the odds of developing the common cold by 58% and the duration of a cold by 1.4 days.
Why take Echinacea + Zinc supplements?
Taking Echinacea while you’re well may reduce your chances of catching a cold. Additionally, Echinacea is helpful in shortening the duration of the common cold and flu, and reducing symptoms, such as sore throat, cough, and fever. Many herbalists also recommend Echinacea to help boost the immune system and help the body fight infections.[1, 2, 4]
- Steven D. Ehrlich. Echinacea. American Accreditation HealthCare Commission (urac.org).
- Paul M. Coates, Joseph M. Betz, Marc R. Blackman, Gordon M. Cragg, Mark Levine, Joel Moss, Jeffrey D. White. Encyclopedia of Dietary Supplements, Second Edition.
- Linde K, Barrett B, Wolkart K, et al. Echinacea for preventing and treating the common cold. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006; (1):CD000530
- 4 Shah SA, Sander S, White CM, et al. Evaluation of Echinacea for the prevention and treatment of the common cold: A meta-analysis. Lancet Infect Dis 2007; 7:473–480.
|* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.