- Made with Organic Ginger.
- Supports digestive function.*
- Supports healthy cardiovascular function and may help control blood sugar.*
- Encourages a balanced immune system response.*
Suitable for Vegans. Gluten Free. No artificial fillers, No Rice.
120 Vegan Capsules (500mg).
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $25!
Suggested Use: Take 2 capsules daily or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional.
Warning: Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing, taking any medications or have any medical conditions. Keep out of reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Ingredients: Organic Ginger Root, Organic Potato Starch and Hypromellose (Capsule).
Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International.
What is Ginger?
Ginger root is a widely known plant that has been used in ancient cultures, like the Chinese or Roman, for cooking and medicinal purposes. The active constituent found in ginger, called gingerol, is responsible for the beneficial physiological responses that result from ingesting ginger. Gingerol is chemically related to capsaicin and peperine, found in chili peppers and black pepper, which explains the spiciness that ginger gives off.
What are the benefits of Ginger?
The active constituent, gingerol, is responsible for the vast biological activities, including but not limited to, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic. A wide variety of diseases is associated with oxidative stress, which occurs when the body is unable to readily detoxify reactive intermediates, resulting in the creation of free radicals and peroxides that can damage all components of the cell. Ginger root offers a way to combat oxidative stress as the plant root is incredibly high in anti-oxidants. Animal clinical studies have shown that ginger is able to reduce age-related oxidative stress markers. Ginger also acts as an anti-inflammatory, which can help prevent a series of chronic diseases, such as osteoarthritis and certain cancers. In studies, patients have reported pain relief from rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and general muscle discomfort after taking powdered ginger supplements for longer than 3 months.
Why take Ginger supplements?
Despite the plethora of ways to incorporate ginger into an everyday diet, whether it is thrown into a vegetable stir fry or put in a smoothie, supplementation benefits those individuals who are put off by ginger’s distinct and strong taste. Taking ginger supplements daily is a good way to ensure that an individual gets this powerful root into his or her body. Pregnant women or chemotherapy patients can also take 1 to 3 grams of ginger daily to ease nausea or vomiting. For healthy adults seeking to boost their immune systems or improving metabolism, it is recommended to take 1 to 2 grams a day.
- McGee, Harold (2004). “A survey of tropical spices”. McGee on Food and Cooking. Hodder and Stoughton. p. 426. ISBN 0-340-83149-9.
- Bode AM, Dong Z. The Amazing and Mighty Ginger. In: Benzie IFF, Wachtel-Galor S, editors. Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press/Taylor & Francis; 2011. Chapter 7.
- Topic B, Tani E, Tsiakitzis K, Kourounakis P. N, Dere E, Hasenohrl R. U, Hacker R, Mattern C. M, Huston J. P. Enhanced maze performance and reduced oxidative stress by combined extracts of zingiber officinale and ginkgo biloba in the aged rat. Neurobiol Aging. 2002;23(1):135–43.
- Bode AM, Dong Z. The Amazing and Mighty Ginger. In: Benzie IFF, Wachtel-Galor S, editors. Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press/Taylor & Francis; 2011. Chapter 7. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92775/
- Ryan, Julie L. et al. “Ginger (Zingiber Officinale) Reduces Acute Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea: A URCC CCOP Study of 576 Patients.” Supportive Care in Cancer 20.7 (2012): 1479–1489. PMC. Web. 6 Apr. 2017.
|* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.